By Mary Stephens
The ocean sends wave after wave upon the sand. Sometimes, at low tide, the waves are farther out, and other times, during high tide, the waves consume the beach. The waves are a constant; they will reach the sand. So it is with God’s grace. As the scripture reads, “From his fullness we have all received, grace upon grace” (John 1:16 NRSV). Just as the sand can count on wave after wave of water, we can count on wave after wave of God’s grace.
Join Christian Women Connection and women from around the United States and the world as we gather in Daytona Beach, Florida, to experience God’s Waves of Grace at the Church of God Women’s Convention. This is an event you won’t want to miss.
The convention is October 30–November 2, 2014, in Daytona Beach, Florida, at the Hilton Oceanfront Resort.
Our gifted and inspired speakers (Cynthia Thomas, Jeannette Flynn, Carol Merritt, Ruth Ann Lambe, and Mary Stephens) will preach and expound on the themes of grace. Leslie Parker Barnes, our internationally known worship leader, will guide us to the throne of grace through worship and praise.
The conferences are designed to speak to attendees in various life situations. The relevant topics include defining your ministry, home missions, healthy boundaries, Bible studies (in English and Spanish), caring for those with Alzheimer’s, revitalizing Christian Women Connection, and technology and ministry, as well as conferences for young women, and a special conference track for women clergy. If your husband comes with you, be sure to send him to the men’s conference. Our noteworthy and informed conference leaders are Erin Taylor, Donna Rothenberger, Donna Roddy, Cheryl Sanders, Joy Sherman, Patricia Bailey, Diana Swoope, Rebecca New-Edson, Holly Myers, Mary Baker-Boudissa, Rachel McDuffie, Precious Earley, and Dee Edmond. Jim Lyon will be leading the conference for the men who are in attendance.
In addition to worship and conferences, there are a number of special events. The ever popular Missionary Luncheon and Women Clergy Luncheon are great times of food and fellowship (tickets required for luncheons). All attendees are invited to a time of prayer and communion at the Prayer Breakfast. Finally, this year the banquet will be a Red Carpet Extravaganza, where everyone is a VIP. After the meal, participants will enjoy the music and drama of The Ten Brides of Christ produced by Diana Eubanks.
The Top 10 Reasons to Attend the 2014 Church of God Women’s Convention!
10. Worship together as outstanding speakers bring biblical messages that will inform and inspire.
9. Attend conferences on relevant issues taught by well-informed persons of the Church of God. There will even be one-time offered conference for men led by Jim Lyon.
8. The beach! The hotel is directly on the beach, with most rooms having an ocean view.
7. Enjoy the blessings of music and table fellowship during the banquet.
6. Hear from missionaries and international delegates at a special luncheon.
5. A conference track specially designed for women clergy by Qara: Women in Ministry and Mission.
6. Enter into a holy time of prayer and Communion at the prayer breakfast.
3. The beach! Seriously, the beach is only steps away from the hotel doors.
2. Reconnect with old friends and make new relationships.
1. To be with women of the same heart and mind and enjoy the fellowship of God’s presence.
Sponsored by Christian Women Connection, the Church of God Women’s Convention is designed to help women connect with God and others for the purposes of relationships, spiritual formation, and service.
The Church of God Women’s Convention provides experiential worship, inspirational preaching, educational conferences, and opportunities for women to connect. It is a time of revival, rejuvenation and rededication for all women.
We hope you will join us in for this special gathering where there is truly a place for every woman and where every woman takes her place.