Thank you for your steadfast commitment to your pastors and their families. Your year-round expressions of appreciation to them are a vital support to their emotional, physical, and spiritual wellness. October has been set aside as a very special time to go above and beyond to honor pastors and associate pastors for their service to the Lord. Will you make an intentional effort to demonstrate your appreciation for them this October?
There are many ways to show appreciation to your spiritual leaders.
• offer one of the most practical gifts—a special monetary gift;
• coordinate all the details so your pastor and family can have a weekend away and not have to bring the cell phone;
• offer a special gift of appreciation to the spouse or children of your pastor;
• fill a gift basket full of practical, delicious, or encouraging items; or
• flood the pastor’s mailbox with notes of encouragement and renewed commitments to prayerfully and tangibly support the ministry of the church.
In a culture in which pastors are under tremendous spiritual attack, our prayer is that you and your church will continually encourage, support, and appreciate those spiritual leaders who watch over you.
Send an e-mail with your pastor’s name, and the church he or she serves, to CommServices@chog.org to enter your pastor for a chance to win one of five Kindle Fire tablets. Pastors may also enter themselves in this contest. Multiple entries do not increase likelihood of winning. Winners will be determined by random drawing, directly notified, and announced on the Church of God – Anderson, Indiana page on Facebook. Deadline to submit names is October 25.
Additionally, we are blessed to report that Church of God Ministries, Christian Women Connection, Children of Promise, Warner Press, and Silent Blessings will be praying specifically for every Church of God senior pastor by name, and covering their associates and staff in prayer, during the month of October. We appreciate our pastors!
“And now, friends, we ask you to honor those leaders who work so hard for you, who have been given the responsibility of urging and guiding you along in your obedience. Overwhelm them with appreciation and love!”—1 Thessalonians 5:12–13 MSG